May 18, 2008

Go Away, Please

I want to be the national commander one day. Those that know me close know this fact all too well. Now it’s out in the open, so…there you are. However, I recognize that I have a long road to travel before I’m ready to assume that burden; be it professionally, experience-wise or financially. I’m 22 years old. I still have a lot to learn. However, it’s not that way for all national commanders. They say easy come, easy go. In Antonio Pineda’s case, that is the honest truth.

I know I'm going to get heat for the rest of what I have to say. Too bad..it's my blog. If you don't like it, leave a comment. Besides, I had to do a lot of soul searching before discrediting a former national commander publicly, but I feel it is the right thing to do. This stunt of Pineda’s reflects badly upon our organization, and we need to distance ourselves from him as much as we can. I don’t care whether you think it was legal or illegal, truth is that he was kicked out. He’s gone, at least as far as this organization is concerned. However, less than a year after his 2b was filed, he turns around and forms faux militia: The United States Ranger Corps.

If he was truly interested in saving lives, he would join the local fire department or rescue squad. If interested in mentoring teenagers and young adults, he could join the boy scouts or the explorer programs. But, none of those have Generals now do they? Nor do they have a need for constant uniform changes that only drain the membership of money better spent keeping themselves and their gear in top-condition.

It’s time to fade away, Antonio Pineda, like that soldier MacArthur spoke of in his farewell address to Congress. Good Bye.