May 21, 2007

Publicity and Toys


Lets face it, kids buy toys (no, really?). So as I perused my local pilot shop, I came across a rack filled with Hot Wings diecast aircraft. One of them was a C-172. And so being the big kid I am, I bought it as a tribute to the aircraft I can (almost) fly. It now sits on my desk as a tribute to my nearly earned private pilots license. Among the other aircraft on the rack was a US Coast Guard HH-60 Jayhawk. With movies such as "the Guardian" and other stuff, the Coast Guard has been getting a lot of great publicity lately.

And so, being obsessive with my beloved Civil Air Patrol, I lamented the fact that CAP doesn't have a model C-172 the same way the CG has one of their workhorse. And maybe that's part of the problem. We target kids for our cadet program, so let's make a toy. Even if 12 year olds are getting out of the toy thing, at least at a younger stage they can be aware of us.

Someone from national contact these guys and have them make a CAP 172.

No comments: